If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Kitchen 5.11.12

Dear Grown Up Me,

Someday you will own your own home. Hopefully that someday is sooner than later! When you are looking for that home there is one thing that will be an absolute must for you. A amazing kitchen - now I know what you are thinking self...why do you care what your kitchen looks like you spend less than 3 hours in the kitchen in any given week. But I do care. Maybe it's because of all of the years of helping other people create their beautiful kitchens, maybe it's because deep down inside that is who you really want to be...the chocolate chip baking Mommy who loves baking with her kids. Regardless, it's going to happen...I am just warning you now. I won't settle for a house with a mediocre kitchen.

Love

Me

Ps, I am kind of a wood snob. Sure a natural oak looked great for Noah and the ark, but this girl loves some Dark Cherry or a rustic Alder or maple.

...please don't get offended if you are a fan of natural oak, I think it is pretty but somewhere along the lines of millions of track homes it had just lost its appeal with me. Just personal preference is all ;)

1 comments:

mad white woman said...

I'm super picky about cabinets... which is why I can see myself paying way too much money for new cabinets in our house at some point (maybe when I'm 50? :)). Because I'll tell you what's worse than oak, white-washed oak. That pinkish hue is anything but attractive in my opinion. :)