If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

12 O'clock - 5.26.12



A million other things that I could/should be doing but right now I need a break.  I am supposed to be giving a talk in in Sacrament meeting in 22 hours. And I can't stop crying.  I haven't really been able to stop all week.  I decided I was going to give it my best effort today but after reading and crying and watching and listening I have one quote.  That's it.  Nothing else is sounding right.

The subject: Overcoming grief through the atonement of Jesus Christ.

Yep.

The tears are in part because of the sadness of remembering, and in part because of the gratitude of realizing.

I am struggling with exactly what to say without saying too much.  Do I talk about how there are days when I am so sure that I will see my Dad again and have such hope for that day, or do I talk about how there are days when I am positive the sun is no longer shining and I simply do not want to get out of bed.  Do I talk about how I know the Lord is very much aware of me and has prepared my heart for this time in my life or do I talk about how entirely alone I feel wishing for a small piece of comfort.

Praying for a parting of the clouds for wisdom. Hoping it shows up soon, I am sure that no matter how slow I read I can't make one quote stretch out for 10 minutes.



Photobucket

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

You say it all. And then you summarize with your line at the top:

The tears are in part because of the sadness of remembering, and in part because of the gratitude of realizing.

That's amazingly profound.

A lady in my Ward who's husband took his life a few days after Christmas had to talk on a similar subject. At first I thought, That's so mean to ask her to do that! But then when I heard her testimony and could feel her strength and faith, I realized that not just anyone can deliver a powerful, moving message like that on such a deep subject.

You'll do great. ;)

Holly said...

We are sending prayers your way. You will do a wonderful job. I know that when I speak that much of my talk is songs. I speak the songs. (if you remember, you kindly found the words to a song for me as we were traveling back and forth between Casper and Springville) Is there a song that you could use?? Love you tons and wishing you the best of luck and wishing you were here with us for this special weekend.