If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

She Put the Music in Me . 5.13.12

I started this post on Sunday/Monday when I wasn't sleeping.  The photo of the day on Monday was supposed to be someone who inspires me, but I just couldn't get it to sound the way I wanted to, so here we go again take 272:


Someone that inspires me:


My. Mom.
When I think of her - when anyone thinks of her I think they would use the term unconditional love.  My Mom doesn't care where you have been, or what you have done, she loves you just the way you are.


My Mom as a teenager. 


She has lived a life full of heartache.  She lost her mom when she was eight, her dad when she was 15. Dealing with this is something that is almost impossible for me to imagine.  There have been several moments in the last 8 months that I wasn't even sure how in the heck I was supposed to make it through today, let alone tomorrow without my Dad.  She has been such an example of living with faith and courage.  After loosing my Dad there were several days when I didn't think want to go on.  But my sweet angel mother led out like she always does, with a quite example of moving forward with life.  I have often thought about how she is the one always comforting me instead of what should be the other way around me comforting her.  My heart breaks for her as I watch her learning to do things without my Dad.  It breaks my heart, but still she keeps going.


When Kristin came home from her mission
My mom is a hard worker.  She is not one who is afraid to in an get her hands dirty.  There isn't anything she isn't willing to do either.  She is always the first to show up do to service and usually the last one to leave.


My Mom is also one of the most faithful women I know.  She believes. She Believes in a loving Heavenly Father who I know she has a good relationship with, She believes in the atonement of Jesus Christ, and She believes in her children....Even when we don't believe in ourselves.  I have watched her for several years as she has lovingly cared for her prodigal sons and daughters and just loved us.  Even when we made our mistakes.  Even when we broke her heart. Even when we let her down.  On my hard days I find hope knowing my mom is praying for me.


My mom is also the coolest Grandma and every one's favorite aunt.  I remember one time at a family reunion the grandkids wanted to go swimming but no one would take them so my mom got in the creek and swam with the kids, jeans and all.  She didn't care about ruining her clothes or messing up her hair.  To her people are more important than things.  She is one of those ladies who genuinely cares about others.  She is also very mindful of others.  She remembers birthdays of nieces and nephews that I have only met a few times.
Mom and Little Miss Alex  - a great Niece who she still adores!
My mom has always been encouraging of the people we want to be.  If it was important to us it was important to her.  She took me to piano lessons kicking and screaming, she came to every silly concert I had, she showed up at football and basketball games to watch me cheer.  She even came to a play where I was behind the curtains, playing the piano just to support me.


And now my Mom continues to lead with that quite example.  Even on her hard days when she can't feel the sun shining she continues to move forward, living for the day when she will be reunited with her eternal sweetheart and her parents.




Someday I hope to be the kind of mother she is.


I love you Mom!






Photobucket

1 comments:

mad white woman said...

I LOVE your mom. I think about her a lot. I was trying to find an excuse to go visit her when I was in Snowflake last week, but I was there for less than 24 hours, so I couldn't. I was surprised to find out from this post to learn she lost her mom at such a young age. I've been observing how moms are when they didn't have a strong mother figure in their life to use as an example. Your mom is so loving and kind I never would have guessed she lost her mom so young... so I guess she had someone else that was a great example to her and/or she's just awesome and it comes naturally to her. :)

I don't really know if that made sense. Maybe someday we can talk about your mom. Oh yeah, and you also don't have to look much further than her wonderful children to know how wonderful she is.

I love you guys. I mean girls.