If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Friday, October 7, 2011

" Sometimes the very moments that seem to overcome us with suffering are those that will ultimately suffer us to overcome."

FABULOUS FRIDAY
the reasons

Institute -
 I love how it seems like the messages are directed right for me
It was also a small answer to prayers that one of my institute teachers from a few years ago remembered me, and because he did he was able to give me some comforting words.

Walking in the rain
A good friend and I have started walking on a regular basis, but one night it was raining.  Those walks are always my favorite!  It seems like a release for me to be able to walk in the rain.  It always reminds me of this song.

If you ask HIM if He's ever over looked you or ceased to love you so,
HE'LL SAY NO.
Poor Stacey - Thanks for listening to me rant and rave! 

Visits from an old friend  - Harsh Brutal Honesty
Do you have those people in your life that can say exactly what you need to hear, and when they are saying it they are not being very nice but being completely honest, and you listen without getting mad.  Yep, I had a visit with one of those friends this week.  It was actually really great.  He reminded me that I am an amazing person worth loving right now, just like I am and that I need to let people see that instead of changing to be what I think they want me to be... no problem right.  

Patient Co-workers and Boss
I work for/with some pretty amazing people.  I have been extremely blessed by their patience as I have been trying to deal with the by-polar me.  I am sure it is not easy to see me with a smile one minute and then mad at the whole world the next.   The girl I share an office with just happens to be one of the most CHRISTLIKE people I know.  She really inspires me to want to be a better person.

A Cooking Undisaster
I wouldn't necessarily call it a cooking success, but I made some soup and it is edible...to me at least, if you don't like pepper it might not be.  This is a huge accomplishment for me because I feel like I don't do well with cooking.  I even went out of my comfort zone and added tomatoes to my soup, which I was thinking I was crazy  the whole time I was doing it because I HATE TOMATOES!!!


Tender Mercies and Priesthood Blessings
In order to not trifle with sacred things lets just say someone REALLY GREAT received a really great blessing that she was instructed to share with us.  It came at that moment when I needed it. It brought peace, it brought comfort, it brought tears, it brought hope. 

HEIDI
My cousin Mat married an ANGEL, no two ways to put it.  Heidi is an amazing person!  She is such a sweet heart always thinking of other people.  I think she must know how much MUSIC speaks to me, sometimes that is the only way I can get the message.  She has been sending me wonderful little songs to cheer me up.  This is the one she sent me today: (I am still working on it Heidi...the not giving up part) Thanks for the reminder that My Dad is still here with me. 




A Good Haircut
Bless Myndi's heart!  My hair (mostly my bangs) were beginning to look like a bad mess trying to take over my head.  It is amazing how much better life is when you don't have a bad hair day everyday. Myndi is always kind enough to help me with my hair (and makeup, and relationships, and bad days, and callings, and life) woes

Lori Morris
You know those people who are just fabulous just because that is who they are...My new friend Lorrie is that way.  I know that she doesn't know how much comfort I find in Cello music, but I know that Someone else does and used her to bless my life.  I woke up grumpy one morning, but found a reason to smile when she sent me this video.
It was calming to my soul.

More Honest Words & Laughter & Someone Who Loves Me With My Mistakes
(Really, those all needed to be in caps)
Sometimes I mess things up.  Sometimes those mistakes are bigger than Dallas, heck bigger than the whole state of Texas.  Sometimes (Most of the time) I end up hurting people who are close to me when I do. And all the time I have a dear sweet friend who can be honest with me (even when I am not honest with myself), laugh with me, and still love me...Even with my mistakes.  You know what they call that...
Charity.
(Something I am working towards possessing)
Thanks Stackhouse!

Crazy Dreams
One morning I had a crazy dream that made me laugh, right out loud!  I dreamed I was the lead singer in Destiny's Child, we were on stage and I was singing my heart out to SURVIVOR.  3 problems with that:
1. I can't sing
2. I can't dance
3. Um...Let's not talk about it.
At least it is a good song to have stuck in your head ALL DAY right?




Photobucket

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Friday! I am so glad that you have so many great people to help you out.

mad white woman said...

String instruments kind of make me want to cry. Actually, last year a girl in our ward played the violin to "What Child Is This?" with the choir and the first time she practiced with us, I did cry. Our primary chorister is also an amazing celloist. Beautiful.