If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it (or something like that)

Fabulous Happenings of the Week:

My Mom 
came to see me, and she brought Kristin.  Yay for people coming, especially Mom!  Sometimes I pretend to be a strong and confident person who doesn't need to cry to Mom anymore, but it's not true.  I wish I lived closer on most days, and I miss them so much when they leave. 

Cars 2
I went to see this with Mom and Kris on Friday night.  
I LOVED the first Cars, and really enjoyed the 2nd one as well
It made me feel closer to Dad for the night, He too loved Cars, and was a huge fan of Mater.

Spending an afternoon with Friends and people I love
On Saturday I got to spend a few hours being crafty and domestic with some of the best people I know.  
We had a Poppy Seed Project craft day, and made some pretty amazing pictures.  Thanks everyone for coming and spending the afternoon with me.  





Witches Night Out
TALK ABOUT FUN.  Because the Temple class took so long Kris and I didn't have time to do our makeup, but my cousins K,J, & C went all out and looked FABULOUS!!!! It was really fun spending time with them.  My favorite part of the night was desert (of course) at Olive Garden.  We all got a good laugh out of watching the girls try and eat with their noses on.  


 I have been struggling with posing lately..
The Whole Group 

A Sunday Afternoon Drive - Fall Version
After fixing us a Scrumptious Dinner Mathew and Heidi took us for a BEAUTIFULLY FABULOUS afternoon drive.  It was SO PRETTY!   






Spending some quiet time with Kris
Kristin found out on Monday morning that someone that she was very close to passed away.  This woman was a young mother of Kris's adopted nieces and nephews and one of her baptisms.   My Heart goes out to this family.  It is hard to feel so helpless knowing that there isn't a thing you can do other than pray for them.  It brought me closer to those wonderful people who have been praying for me and my family. Since Kris obviously couldn't go to Chile to comfort the family we decided to make a little video to send them.  THANK HEAVENS for facebook!  
Luckily the programs all worked out well, and we were able to make this quickly.  

NOT SO FAB:  Mom and Kris Leaving (I hate that part)
Back to Fabulous:

Jamba Juice with Stacy
It was really good to see Stacy, always FABULOUS.  She treated me to a lovely Jamba Juice, and I even splurged and got the Smoothy with icecream or sherbert or whatever they make it with.  Normally I try and stick with the healthy all fruit one.  It was a nice change.  We Giggled ALOT (It might have been because of our background music, straight up Disney), and she just let me whine about my life, which was not my plan that day.  She is one of those AMAZINGLY FABULOUS people who have faith in me right now, when I struggle with having faith in myself.  This reminded me of her.  

Dinner with a friend
Fabulous Mexican Food
Fabulous Dinner Conversation
Fabulous Company
Fabulous Honesty
Fabulous Start of Something FABULOUS

Institute
It made my heart happy that someone else asked a question that I was to chicken to ask.  We were talking about Elder Ballards talk "Finding Joy through Loving Service" and the question was asked:

How can we free ourselves from this tangled web of challenges and uncertainties to find peace of mind and happiness?

Well, of course we decided that it was to serve others.  At this point my brave friend (whose name I don't know) raised his hand and asked "and what about when you serve all you can, and you still feel unhappy and uncertain about the world".  Yep, he might have just stole the words right out of my mouth.  

His question led to some great discussion which has lead to some really great study time for me.  I am still working on coming up with an answer, but in the meantime I loved this quote from the talk:

“… Unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives” ( Pres. Monson, “What Have I Done for Someone Today?” Liahona andEnsign, Nov. 2009, 85).

Spending time in the GILES home
Stacey and James are FABULOUS.  It was so great to spend some time with them. (Sorry it was so late guys).  I felt like I could be 110% honest, and I knew that they didn't care.  I really appreciate their comforting and encouraging influence in my life.  
As a highlight, I was apparently at the right place at the right time, thanks Brother Shelley for the FABULOUS bread.  It was so yummy!  

Temple with Amy
Have I ever expressed that I have FABULOUS friends.  There you have it, I just did.  By the way, my friends are some of the most kind and unselfish people in the world. Amy was kind enough to take time out of her crazy life and go the temple with me.  
It was really hard, but where I needed to be.  


Bunco
Did I mention I have amazing friends. No but really I do!
We started a monthly Bunco group and it has been so much fun. 
This month was no exception at all.  Thank you Jana and Lorri for hosting A FABULOUS evening.  
It was just what I needed.  In the spirit of Halloween we all dressed up.  


















Marshmallow Sunday's
Stacey Giles is FABULOUS.  Even though she may not think so she is a SAINT. I am so grateful that she is willing to listen to me whine and complain about my life.  We had a fabulous visit  this week while eating Dairy Queen.  She helped me feel confident about dealing with some contention in my life.  Bless Her!  


Flannel Sheets & Electric Blankets
I LOVE my flannel sheets and electric blanket.  It makes going to bed at night a lot nicer when you get into a nice warm bed, and can stay that way all night!  

Hope your week was as FABULOUS as mine. 



Photobucket

2 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you are having a good week. I love all your pictures, how I miss you all (bunco group) =( If you ever need anything let me know. Love you tons! Sorry I am not closer to help you out. Remember though I am always here and you are always in my prayers. I know rough times been through a lot in my life and the last 2 months have been very hard for our family as well. So I do have a good ear and a strong shoulder. Love ya!

mad white woman said...

You dressed up more in this post than I have my entire adult life.

Aww, your sweet mom. She needs a witch hat. ;)

I'm so glad you have such good friends surrounding you.