If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Memory Monday....Your participation is welcomed and encouraged and NEEDED

"PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID...BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."




Since loosing my Dad I have had a significant struggle realizing all of the things He is going to miss not being here.  There has been a part of me that has been a little upset (Who I am trying to kid....I have been REALLY upset) in knowing that He won't be here (physically)  for the big things - The weddings of his five daughters, the birth of his grandkids, surely their first serving of ice cream at a much younger age then suggested, their baptisms, their weddings, my days when I just need to talk to Dad, as well as the hundreds of sports events, concerts, reunions, camping trips, birthdays, and vacations. I have also shed many tears in the millions of little things (like the phone calls to ask how to fix my cooking) that make me miss him.  

I think part of my reasoning for having thoughts about this is because both of my Grandpas passed away before my parents were even married.  I always imagined what they would be like, how much they would spoil me, how fun it would be to set on their laps and have them tell me stories.  I always wanted that for my kids, I wanted them to have a special connection with their Grandpa.  Since someone else has a different plan than I do and decided he was needed elsewhere, I decided that I need to do things so that my kids (and husband) can know who their Grandpa was.

Long story short...I am going to do a Memory Monday Book with memories of my Dad.  Hopefully I can get my Mom, Grandma, Siblings, Nieces, Nephews, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, ....everyone who knew my Dad on board to share some of their memories so that I can have them published in a nice big book full of stories to share about him.  If you have a memory or any pictures that you would like to share (please oh please....even something you might think is simple will be something that we will treasure) please feel free to leave a comment here or you can e-mail me at becca.(dot)boo82@yahoo.com or beccapenrod82@yahoo.com

Thanks for all of your continued prayers, love and service to me and my family.  How blessed we are to have such wonderful caring people in our lives.  
  Photobucket

1 comments:

Holly said...

I think this is a GREAT idea.. It helped me so much when I made calls and asked others to participate in my book making also. Love you tons!