If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Memory - Shared by Heather

Today's Memory is one from my sister, Heather - the only one who has contributed to my "Monday Memory" of my Dad, Kenneth Penrod so far.  I hate to sound desperate, but please, anyone who reads this...If you have a memory of my Dad, please, Please, PLEASE....Please share it with us.  I really would like to be able to have these written down so that we (his family, HE STILL HAS MANY TO COME) can enjoy them.  You can e-mail them to me at becca.boo82@yahoo.com or leave a comment here.

One time we were driving down the highway by the junior high and this dog runs out into the road and dad hits him. The dog was hurt pretty badly so dad thought he better just shoot him. I am crying and begging him not to do it and dad is saying he is just going to suffer, and at some point dad is crying about it to. We ended up loading the dog up and finding someone in Snowflake who offered to take care of the dog and got it back to its owner after it recovered, I don't remember if it was a vet or just someone dad knew but it was important to me that the dog be ok so it was important to dad to.
This is a picture of Specks - My Parents current Dog.
I think my Dad named him Specks because he looked like he had glasses on 
because of the rings around his eyes

This is my Dad & Missy (my Dog)
When I moved to Utah I couldn't bring her with me so my parents took her.
I think my Dad really enjoyed having her around. He spoiled her ALOT.  
I think I might have had to fight with him to get her back. 

My Dad always had a huge heart when it came to Animals.  He didn't like to hunt because he hated to kill the animals. 

Photobucket

1 comments:

mad white woman said...

I guess it was meant to be that he got the more tender heart since he was the dad to all your girls and not a bunch of boys. :)