If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 7 ~ A picture of your most treasured item.

It is hard to show a picture of something that I treasure so very much.  The thing that I would like to share with you is this:


One of most treasured items is not really a tangible item, but something that is so very much a part of my life.  It is my testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ.  This is something that I have come to treasure as I have suffered from my choices and the choices of others.  This is something that I have come to learn the hard way, through many many tears and trials.

"...Jesus would provide a way for us to be resurrected and, by His shouldering our punishment and guilt, a way to be cleansed.  However, those would not be the end of His gifts. He also took upon Himself our infirmities and sorrows.  He provided a way for us to be consoled through every trial. He suffered alone so that we would never have to do the same. Through His Atonement all of us can be covered, helped, comforted, and ultimately embraced." 
(Brad Wilcox, The Continuous Atonement, 47)

As I have come to learn that My Savior didn't only feel the pains of my sins, but also of my heartache in the garden of Gethsemane and then again on the cross I have gained a greater love.  I have felt not only the cleansing power of the atonement in my life, but on the days that I need it most, I have felt the healing power of the atonement. I have watched as He has helped me to change a broken and sad heart into a heart that could feel love once again.  When I think about what was felt for me I can't help but think of "Oh it is wonderful, that He should care for me, enough to die for me"  Yes, it is wonderful, wonderful to me.



Photobucket

0 comments: