If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Something I am grateful for 4.24.12

So I started thinking about this picture at 4:20 am when I woke up this morning and I felt a little like the kid on thanksgiving day when you ask him what he is grateful for "everything".

I thought about taking a million pictures but some of them would have just been weird.

So...here are a few things that represent a few things I am grateful for or just things I am grateful for...

1st - my book of Mormon - the same one I have been carrying around for 20+ years (yikes...that makes me feel old) I am extremely grateful for this book, for the sacrifices that were made to bring me this book, and for the spirit that it brings into my life as I study it. I am also grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, Heavenly Father, Priesthood Power and Temples, and forever families.

2nd- my study journal - for about five years now I have been keeping a study journal of all of the things that I read or see or hear. Most of it is thoughts or impressions, some of it is quotes that move me. I am grateful for the opportunities that I have to learn, and grow. Yes I will admit it ...I hate school, but I love to learn and I am so grateful that I have opportunities to do so.

Third- my "grateful" journal. Um...I like to journal. This journal is where I take the opportunity to record the events of my day and I always end with the statement "today I am grateful or thankful for..." chances are you might have been listed there once or twice (Anna since I am pretty sure you are the only one who reads my blog please know you have been listed there a lot). I would love to say that this is one of those journals that in 50 years will be extremely moving and uplifting, but I know it isn't true. Sometimes all I can manage to get out is "today I am thankful this day is over". This journal represents the knowledge that I am not alone, and that life while it has it's struggles has wonderful goodness and great blessings and opportunities that are ahead of me. This journal represents my gratitude for hope.

Camouflage blanket - this has so many representations of things I am grateful for. I am grateful to Stacey for giving some particularly hard feelings a voice, and grateful to Amy for making it real. I am grateful for caring friends who aren't afraid to call my bluff when I say that I am doing okay and they can honestly say "I know you're not, and that's okay" I am thankful for the brutal honesty of other friends who aren't afraid to tell me when I am making stupid choices. I am grateful for those amazing people in my life who wait patiently as I cry and close off to the world, just as I am thankful for those willing to cry with me.

And lastly for tonight ...although I could go on and on...I am grateful tonight for those camouflage moments in my life...the ones when even though I can't see him, I know he is there.

3 comments:

Holly said...

You are awesome!!! Love and miss you! and know I am always here if you need me.

mad white woman said...

I'm pretty sure I have that same black notebook... I love it and use it for conference (ward, stake, general) notes. It's almost out of space and I'm worried I won't be able to find a new one. :)

Amy said...

Love ya bec! I miss reading your blog. Now that my eyes are filled with tears, my lunch break is over and I need to go back to work! Thanks for making my day. You always inspire me! You are amazing.