If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Eve

This was such a fun day! I am so very thankful to my mother and her overwhelming charity that she has for everyone. I hope that someday I can be like her. We were able to visit a nursing home where we sang a few carols and read the christmas story. It was such a wonderful experiance to share that special time with those sweet ladies. My heart broke as we were leaving, there were several of them who were crying. I asked my Dad if we were that bad, and he just laughed. I feel bad for those who aren't able to spend the holidays with thier family.

After caroling at the nursing home we decided to visit Barb, a neat lady that my Dad home taught for a really long time until they recently split the ward. We decided to sing Deck the halls for her, and I was the leader, the first verse went off well, but as I started the second verse I reverted back to grade school, Deck the halls with gasoline, fa la la la la la la la (Wow there are alot of those in there) strike a match and watch it gleam. I made it that far before I even realized what I was doing. I was so embarrassed, but everyone got a good laugh out of it.

When we got home that night we decided to play some ladder golf, which was great fun, but I couldn't see, so after pegging my dad a couple of times we went inside and jammed out to Rock band for a little while, it was great fun!

,

We then got to sing some carols with my cousin Lamar and had a special devotional by Kris. A great day!

0 comments: