If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011 ~

Dear 2011 -

I don't know how to say this, so I am just going to come right out and say it.

I am breaking up with you. 

That sounds so immature, like what I did with my junior high boyfriend. But it just has to happen.  

2011, you took a lot from me. You took some good relationships, a job, but my greatest heartache was when you took my Dad.  I don't know if I will ever forgive you for that.  

But in all fairness, you did give me a lot.  A lot of learning, a lot of growing, a lot of fun, and a lot of happiness.  You allowed me to have some great relationships that changed my life.  You allowed me to create some memories that I will never forget.  You allowed me to exercise my faith like I never have before.  

Some of the experiences we shared together:



I have always considered myself to be fair, so in that spirit I have to say Goodbye.  I will try not to focus on all of our bad times, but please forgive me if for a little while I still have a hard time with you.  

In a few hours I will meet a new friend, his name is 2012.  I feel really good about our relationship.  I am looking forward to all of the growing that will continue with 2012.  I know it is going to be my best year yet, not perfect (because lets be honest nobody is) but it's going to be great.  Why...Because if I have learned nothing else from this year I have learned this...Everything I have gone through or will go through is for a purpose.  Nothing is by accident, and while some of those experiences are very painful they are helping to shape me into the person I am supposed to be.  It's going to be great because I have finally realized that I am not in control and someone greater than me has all of the plans laid out perfectly, even when I don't see them.  


So Goodbye 2011. I don't think I will miss you. 


Photobucket

2 comments:

Granny J said...

Love your thoughts! I thought I had my "control" issues under control...if that makes sense and then WHAM!...I had an opportunity to have it tested. Let's just say I get to practice that all over again...Dangit! I have discovered I just want to deal with something one time and move on, I think life has other plans so I'm trying to embrace things with a new attitude and perspective. So you won't think things are falling completely apart....life is good and we are all well. Have a wonderful year!

Hanie said...

Love the post! Such power and truth. You amaze me my dear friend! I hope the best for you this year. You are only amazingly stronger so use that strength to your advantage. XOXO!