If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Easter

I just wanted to take a few minutes before the fun moments of the weekend hit to wish you all a Happy Easter. I hope that you enjoy your weekend, and that you have a chance to reflect on the reason for the celebrations.

My sister reminded me today of the quote "There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter." -Gordon B. Hinckley

How thankful I am for the events that we celebrate at Easter. For the life of Christ, The Atonement, and the Resurrection.

I love the quote by Elder Ballard "...he had the power to save, and he loved his Son, and he could have saved him. He might have rescued him from the insult of the crowds. He might have rescued him when the crown of thorns was placed upon his head. He might have rescued him when the Son, hanging between the two thieves, was mocked with, “Save thyself, and come down from the cross. He saved others; himself he cannot save.” He listened to all this. He saw that Son condemned; he saw him drag the cross through the streets of Jerusalem and faint under its load. He saw that Son finally upon Calvary; he saw his body stretched out upon the wooden cross; he saw the cruel nails driven through hands and feet, and the blows that broke the skin, tore the flesh, and let out the life’s blood of his Son. He looked upon that.

In the case of our Father, the knife was not stayed, but it fell, and the life’s blood of his Beloved Son went out. His Father looked on with great grief and agony over his Beloved Son, until there seems to have come a moment when even our Savior cried out in despair: “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”

In that hour I think I can see our dear Father behind the veil looking upon these dying struggles until even he could not endure it any longer; and, like the mother who bids farewell to her dying child, has to be taken out of the room, so as not to look upon the last struggles, so he bowed his head, and hid in some part of his universe, his great heart almost breaking for the love that he had for his Son. Oh, in that moment when he might have saved his Son, I thank him and praise him that he did not fail us, for he had not only the love of his Son in mind, but he also had love for us. I rejoice that he did not interfere, and that his love for us made it possible for him to endure to look upon the sufferings of his Son and give him finally to us, our Savior and our Redeemer."

I add my thanks to Elder Ballard. What a blessing this part of the plan of happiness is in my life. I can't help but stand all amazed, to think that Our Loving Father would send His Son to die for us. And to know that even if it had been just for me, My Saviour still would have come and suffered and died. Just For Me. I know that he didn't come just for me, but for you as well.

I know that My Saviour, My Brother, My Friend suffered not only for my sins, but also for my pains, my sicknesses and my sorrows; I know he has "Takin my lickings for me" (Thank you Hancock Family for the sweet memory of your Dad).

I know he lives, and that he loves us, that he rose from the tomb. I am not sure what kind of mansion my actions are building me, but I know that I can't wait to kneel before my Savior to thank him for all that he has done and all that he continues to do.

I hope you enjoy this little clip. It is long, but well worth the watch. I hope that you feel the peace that comes from knowing that we are not alone in this life, and that our brother, Jesus Christ lived a perfect live, suffered, died and was resurrected all for us.




Happy Easter!

0 comments: