If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Best Final So Far


Finals are over!!!




(at least for this semester)
So, after a very stressful week of studying, trying to remember everything (or learn) everything I was supposed to for the semester I am finally done. You are all free to do the happy dance with me if you would like.

This semester I was so happy I actually got to take an education class - which I absolutly loved. The Professor - Tom was a great guy who works as a Junior High guidance councilor. Such a fun class. While the class was on adolesent development he encouraged us to learn how to help kids to see that change is possible. Sorry - I am rambling, bottom line, great class.


The reason behind the title for the post...


For our final in Tom's class he showed us a short clip from Dewitt Jones, a photographer for the National Geographic. The title of the clip was "Celebrating What's Right with the World". When I first saw it I thought - yah right - has this guy watched the news lately. But he soon changed my mind. Here are some things that he said that I loved:



  • Celebrate What's Right with the World


  • When I was growing up, I used to hold that maxim - - I won't believe it, until I see it. Yet the more I shot for the Geographic the more I realized I had it backwards. That the way it really works is - - I won't see it, till I believe it. That's the way life works.


  • Vision controls our perception, and our perception becomes reality


  • Instead of starting out as we so often do by griping about what's wrong with the situation...what's right with the situation?


  • ...The very thing that so often frightens us today - that awesome change curve we hear so much about -- is really my ally.


  • The power of vision is extraordinary - -We have to be willing to trust it, to come out to our edge, because it here on the edge that we find the winds to take us higher.


  • that edges is between being the best in the world and being the best for the world.


  • There's no use walking anywhere to preach, unless your walking is your preaching

  • You just have to do it and believe


  • If we look for it and believe it is there we will have a vision that fills us with energy, takes us to our own edge and gives us the courage to soar.

http://www.celebratetraining.com/ - You can watch the video.


What a nice burst of fresh air it was. I love to hear things that inspire me, and this one did just that. My goal is to celebrate and look for the positives in life, instead of wallowing in what is wrong which is what I normally do.


I am really looking forward to the 5 days off before I start school again. I am only doing 4 classes in the next five weeks. It should be really fun!


P.S. - I got a 100% on the final, all because I commented on the film. I love those kind of finals!

1 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations. If you have time this weekend you should come and visit us. I need your new learned theories here. I am glad finals are over and all went well. Hope to hear from you soon. I love ya lots. Thanks for the blog I needed it today. :)