If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Is it Saturday Yet???

What a wonderful weekend!! Crazy YES, but wonderful! I know this is supposed to be my few days off from school where I am trying to relax and enjoy life, but not much relaxing going on.


Thursday night my sisters drove into town. Friday morning we left for Twin Falls Idaho to go to Wyatt's wedding. The rest of the family was staying in Burley Thursday night so we stopped to say hi to them before heading up to Twin Falls. In the craziness of trying to get changed and help get kids in the car my keys got locked in the car. Luckily I had pulled out my purse that had my recommend and stuck it in my trunk which was open. Thank Heavens. We were able to just pile in others cars and go to the temple. The sealing was so nice and the temple was so pretty. I was so glad that I could make it. Wyatt has always been the little brother I never got.






The weather didn't work very well with us, although it didn't start raining until they were almost done with pictures. The wind made all of the pictures turn out splendid. We were going for the wind blown look.




After the sealing we drove out to see the falls. While I hated the drive (Narrow Winding canyon) the end result was worth it. I have always loved waterfalls, and these were completely breathtaking. It was raining so we didn't get to stay very long, but maybe someday I can get back there.








After our little detour we went back to Burley where we had a fabulous winter day lunch. Luckily Uncle Oliver has opened a few cars after the keys got locked in them before, but I must say I was very impressed. I think he had my car unlocked in less than 5 minutes. The reception that night was in Burley, it was fun to have a minute to visit with all of the family that was there. That night we made it home about 12:00, yes Shane and Mathew I realize I was driving faster than the speed limit, but you were going slow.

Saturday morning we woke up early - it wasn't very bright, but wasn't that rain pretty. The agenda for the morning was to make 8 cheese cakes for the reception before noon. The magic ladies made cheese cakes & Mandy even got a salad done. My job - washing dishes. They know better than to let me cook.

One of my cousins was baptized on Saturday at noon. I think I was a little on the tired side because I started crying during the opening song. I have always loved the "rainbows" song. It gave me that new determination because I to want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain, to be the best I can so that I can live with my Heavenly Father again. Sorry- crying again. Trevor & Mandy you did a great job with your talks, thanks for making me cry harder.

After the baptism we started the decorating frenzy. The flowers that were ordered for the center pieces looked terrible, so thankfuly a dear sweet sister in our ward had red tulips in her yard that she was willing to share. Prayers are answered people. After a couple of mad dashes to Walmart we pulled it off, but as Cristal said "we lived at the church" yesterday. I thought the decorations turned out nice, even if the food table wasn't asymetrical.



The reception went really well. It was really good to see a lot of people that were there. I am so glad that family from out of town got to come. I loved seeing them all as well as ward members that I don't normally get to see. It was a long night, but a lot of fun.



This morning I went to Moab with my sisters to meet my Mom who wasn't able to come because my Dad got called into work. She had to bring Stef's car, because Stef is moved (Still in the process) up here! I am so exited to have her here.

It has been an incredibly long weekend with way to much driving, but I have loved almost every minute of it. It is raining outside now, and I love the rain, it reminds me to be better, just like after baptism. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Devin and Melinda said...

What a neat weekend! The falls ARE beautiful! The last time I was there we saw a moose on the way...we...or at least some in the group were trying to see how close they could get to it before it ran off and I think one guy could have touched it. They are so big anyway, I was 10 feet away and plenty close! I am glad you were able to spend some time with family and friends!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

I can't believe you were in Twin Falls and you didn't let me come see you. Thats only an hour from me! Okay so it was a family event...I understand. But next time you are that close I hope I get to see you. Sounds like you've been busy during your time off. Try to relax a little!!

Holly said...

sounds like a wonderful yet exhausting weekend. Hope things start to mellow out for you. We are still hoping that one day you will beable to come back up to visit. This time we promise not to take you on another long car ride. We love you and miss you lots.

Hanie said...

Goodness gracious! I got stressed from reading about your weekend! Now breathe (at least I hope you do). - And lil' Wyatt is married! Congrats! - And Steph moved to UT! Where she living?