If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Going Home

On Monday night on my way home from work I drove past a house that made me smile. The house was beautiful in and of itself, but the yard and the front of the house was covered in Yellow Ribbons with a huge sign that said "Welcome Home Jason". For a minute I was jealous of Jason, whoever he was. I love that feeling of pulling into the driveway knowing that Mom or whoever is at home is going to come out to greet me, that feeling of overwhelming love and comfort, that feeling of peace and safety.

The rest of the way home I thought about my experiences of going to different places I call home, with my final thought being of what it was going to be like to go to my final "home". What would that reunion be like? Does Heaven have yards covered with yellow ribbons to welcome us home? Will we be met by people we love? Will we feel that overwhelming love and peace? I hope so.

After the sweet feelings that I had about Heaven, I had the thought that if I were to go today how unprepared I am. I thought of all of the things I still need to learn, the habits and attributes I need to get rid of and those that I want gain and develop. There are people I need to learn to love and those I need to forgive.

How thankful I am for the blessing that I receive every day to try a little bit better to become the person that Heavenly Father sees me as. I know that there must be days when he pounds his head against the wall thinking "Is she ever going to get this one right", but still he waits patiently leading me along. I know that I have a very long way to go, but hopefully I keep getting the chance to become. My desire is to live my life so when that final day comes that I will have a great homecoming as well. I hope that on that day My Father will say "Well done my good and faithful daughter"


Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.”

President Ezra Taft Benson

0 comments: