If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Another Thought

Two thousand years ago, two fisherman left their nets and walked away from everything that would hold them back from coming to know Jesus Christ. Heeding his invitation, they followed the Savior and were blessed to experiance incredible events, which burned an undeniable testimony upon their souls. If we are willing, we too can find opportunities that will allow us to come to know the Savior Personally. - Emily Freeman



My desire today is for all of us ... to have more straightforward personal experiences with the Savior's example. Sometimes we seek heaven too obliquely, focusing on programs or history or the experiance of others. These are imporant but not as important as personal experience, true discipleship, and the strength that comes from experiencing firsthand the majest of His touch - Jeffrey R. Holland

This week as I have tried to determine what I have filling my nets or what I allow to hold me back from having a better relationsip with the Savior I am reminded of how human I am, but as Isaih teaches (One of the only things I comprehend from Him) even when I fall short and seem to be discouraged, or as I continue to sin that the Lords hand is stretched out still. The invitation to us is the very same one He gave to the fisherman long ago:Come and See (John 1:46) I have realized that the more I come to him the more I am able to see.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Hey you. I love the insperational thoughts. You are truely amazing. I am so glad we got to say hi to you this weekend. Sorry we woke you up.