If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

My idea of a perfect Labor Day Weekend includes a good camp out (even if it does rain every day), great food, fun games, and a weekend with Family. That is just what I had this year! I was able to go to my Goodman family reunion this year. I love them. I can count on two fingers the number of times I have missed it. As always we had a fabulous time this year - even with the bad weather. I love spending time in the dirt with my family. I love the traditions of the reunion. I love that every year I get to help fix breakfast for everybody, that every year Todd is going to give his Famous "Ragged Ol Flag", but I have to say, I missed the Goodman song & Pancho Via this year. It was a special treat to have Jeremy & his family there this year, but I also got to see Troy’s kids - Justin & Shaina and Jeff’s boys - Lane & Colton. Please don’t judge us by the pictures - We were camping! I was sad to have to leave. I think I owe a lot to my parents for teaching me to love being outdoors so much. I just love spending time in the forest, I love sleeping in a tent with the rain coming down, and I love star gazing. The stars in the forest are amazing! One night while I was there, I wrote in my journal that I would love to be a frontier woman in the old days and live in the woods, but then I remembered how much I loved showers and flushing toilets. Good thing for camping! I can’t wait for next year.



On a side note - I started school last week. Yuck! I am only taking 12 credits this semester, but I think I will probably stay busy with School, Work, and Young Womens. We shall see if it causes me too loose my mind.

2 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

I can't believe how big your nieces & nephews are! What an incredible family you have...and how fun to get down and dirty with them!!

Devin and Melinda said...

Sounds like our McCleve family reunions. We also camp every year and have a blast...even if it rains!