If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

I don't get it...

I don't get why there has to be letters in my math - when I was learning to count my mom never taught me 2x + 3y.  I also don't get why someone who wants to teach business and marketing to high school kids needs to take 3 science classes.  I don't get how the street lights know when I am running late - it seems they all turn red at the wrong time on those days.  I don't get people's metobolism... why is it that one person can eat a 27 course meal and not gain an ounce and others of us smell food and gain 5 pds.  I don't get how My mom always knew when I had done something wrong.  I don't get why I did not come with a built in filter - it would save me a lot of hassle, it seems like I am always pulling my foot out of my mouth.

Other things I don't get are how some women can walk away from their darling little children to pursue a less complicated life.   I don't get why some women who want so desperately to have kids can't seem to get them. I don't get how easily we can give up on the people we love.  I don't get how some of the guilty people always seem to get all the breaks.  I don't get why there has to be that one scene or one word in great movies that just ruin the whole thing just to get a rating.

Probably most importantly though... I don't get how after all of the terrible mean things I do and all of the mistakes I make on a daily basis I have a Heavenly Father and a Savior who still love me.  I don't get all of the particulars of the atonement but I am and will forever be grateful for the eternal blessings that have come to me because of that event.  What I do get is that My Heavenly Father Loves me, He hears my prayers, and that He cares and knows my heartbreaks.  How thankful I am for that!




Photobucket

1 comments:

mad white woman said...

Me neither!!

Except for the red light one. I figured it out yesterday on the way to a Dr. appointment. I left with plenty of time to spare and didn't hit a single red light so I was WAAAY too early. I'm pretty sure lights are timed closer to the speed limit than what I drive so that's my answer for that. Instead of speeding to each red light, I approach each light at a slower rate of speed, allowing it time to turn green prior to my arrival. :)

PS This sounds like a book.