If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Daring Myself

So it's been a while, a really long while since I have done anything on this here blog.  Sure I have wanted to, sure I have logged in a bazillion times to actually blog but obviously that hasn't happened.  I always thought that I needed to play this major game of catch up, but the truth of the matter is... well I can't, and I think subconsciously I might not want to.  Don't worry, the events of the last ...um way to many months have been recorded, just not here.  But moving forward...

I am a Huge fan of the LDS Author and speaker, Brad Wilcox, in several of his talks he describes a person who realizes that they have done something wrong and they say in frustration "I will never do that again", and then they do, and then they again say "I will never do that again" and then again they do...  Anyway, this cycle goes on and while the rest of the story doesn't really matter for this post that is kind of how I have felt about this blog.  I started this as a way for me to recognize and remember and share just how great my life is.  Just how many things are right in my world... Well at different times in the past I have decided to take those challenges, you know the ones..."30 days to a happier blog", "30 days to know yourself better blog" each time I started I would have this little pep talk with myself about how this time I was going to be better about it, and then just like the story above I would make it through the first day beautifully - the second day, well that is when it became a little more challenging.  To toot my own horn for 3 seconds I do think I made it through day 5 on one of those challenges, but it may have taken me 3 weeks to do it :)  Any who...

Today I am daring myself.... Daring myself to open my eyes again to all the GREATNESS that is every where in my life - because whether I chose to see it or not.  Life is good.  Really good.  I am daring myself to spend time focusing, changing, growing and becoming that person I want to be.  I am daring myself to be Awesome.  I am daring myself to be happy.  I am daring myself to be a good daughter, a good sister, a good aunt, a good friend. I am daring myself to not be afraid to be me.  Maybe you will see some of the fruits of those dares here, hopefully you will!



Photobucket

0 comments: