If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Maybe...just maybe

So I guess I need to apologize to you Anna for not keeping up with my daily posts, but after working 60+ hours last week I didn't have much time. So much for being an active participate in my life huh...

But back to today...

It's been a rough afternoon, a rough evening, a rough night. It seems like 8i just can't get these darn tears to stop. Driving home tonight I got a little chuckle in the mix of the tears my thought:

Maybe Dads up there giving his famous "boo hoo hoo" that he always used to make us laugh when we would cry in sad movies or just to lighten the mood.

And that led to -

Maybe he is shaking his head thinking pull it together Bec, if you could only see the whole picture you wouldn't be crying about this.

And that led to -

Maybe, just maybe he is some corner of Heaven looking down on his girls, missing them too, crying his own tears.

And maybe I am crazy! That is still up for debate, all I know is that I miss him tonight. Just like everyday.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I really like the picture you have up about the hugs.. Here is a hug from me to you.. I know how it feels and I know there are many days my dad is close. Love you tons.. come on over to my blog and check out Sidders smile on his baptism day.

mad white woman said...

There you are! I bet reality is a combination of those thoughts. I bet if we all saw the big picture, we wouldn't really cry. But at the same time, I guarantee he understands that we as mortals can't fully comprehend it, so crying is perfectly acceptable.

60 hours is way too many hours to spend working in one week. That leaves no time for sitting around. :)