If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Reflection


On Saturday I was bribing Mirra to let me do her hair and her movie of choice was Cars. I love love this movie and so while the hair job wasn't the easiest (She hates having it combed) I was okay with it taking a little bit of time. Cars reminds me so much of home - (Jackrabbit & The Wigwam). The thing that I love the most about it is the Brad Paisley song that was written for it - Find Yourself. I am not sure exactly when this movie came out, but I don't think I really watched it until after I moved to Utah - so after my divorce. Maybe this is why this song hit me so hard.

When you find yourself
In some far off place,
And it causes you
To rethink some things.
You start to sense
That slowly you’re becoming someone else
And then you find yourself.

When you make new friends
In a brand new town,
And you start to think
About settling down,
The things that would have been lost on you
Are now clear as a bell.
And you find yourself
That’s when you find yourself.

We go though life
So sure of where we’re heading,
And then we wind up lost
And it’s the best thing that could happen.
Sometimes when you lose your way
It’s really just as well.
Because you find yourself;
Yeah that’s when you find yourself.

This weekend I have had a lot of time to think about that. I know that "getting lost" was one of the hardest things I will ever have to face, but I am really a different person because of it. I guess I am still in the process of finding myself, but how thankful I am for the journey.I know that Heavenly Father knows that I am still working on it, and he is constantly giving me opportunities to learn something new about myself, to expand my talents, to grow. Hopefully soon I will find myself as the person I want to be. Thanks to all of you who are patient with me as I get there. You are the best!

"Though no-one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end." - Unknown

4 comments:

Holly said...

Do you know exactly how much I miss you? Do you know how much you have changed me? Do you know how amazing you are? My eyes like to be cleaned when I think about you and Ashleigh all the time. I don't know what I have done to deserve either one of you. If I could change one thing in my life I don't know what it would be other than take you with us when we moved. The offer is still good. Jeannette says you must come, there is a cute cowboy up here waiting for you.

I hope you do well on your tests this week. I will be waiting for a package. he he. I was going to buy the book on the weekend we came down for the blessing. I sure need something good to read.

I love you and miss you so very much.

the cates said...

I love that song! And the movie is good too. Funny story about the wigwans though! When we got married we were going to go camping for our honey moon but it was freezing so my parents and brother and sister in law sent us to the wigwams! It was hillarious, everyone laughs when we tell them that!

Anyway, I hope you are doing good! How much longer in school?

Zonnie said...

Hey Bec! How is life?! I miss you! You are such a great friend and inspiration. When I need a pick me up, I read your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I REALLY need to drive up to UT and see you one of these days! Cars makes me want to take a road trip ( on Rt 66 of course!) I love that song as well.

Hanie said...

Becca you are amazing! You always have been and I say it because you always have the best spiritual outlook on everything. You are such an example to me because you always look for the positive and to keep going. And I guess Disney is not as bad as we think eh?