If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where's the line to see Jesus

So... I have decided if I want to have a Christ centered Christmas I need to center my life around Christ.  Pretty simple right, but that is me, most of the time I put way to much work into thinking of a solution that I miss the simplicity of the real answer.  I have found a lot of really good ideas from a book by Emily Freeman "A Christ Centered Christmas".


One of my favorite Christmas traditions is always going to the Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean.  I have seen this show quite a few times (It is on DVD) and every single time I am completely touched and taken back by what seems to be a different part of the program.  Of course I will be honest and say I cried through the whole thing but there was several parts that particularly called my name.





A song that for years has touched my heart "What I need"


All I ever wanted,
All I ever dreamed of
Everything I hoped
And all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given
I've been given what I need


No mansion on a hill
Or Love like in the movies
Perfect little dreams
Where no one has a problem
Instead of all those things I thought I really wanted
I've been given what I need


Even when I didn't understand
When I thought you had no heart
Thank you for rejecting my demands
And always giving me the better part


All I ever wanted,
All I ever dreamed of
Everything I hoped
And all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given 
I've been given what I need
(Michael McLean)
-----

Now don't call me crazy, I still wish for things - - Prince Charming, perfect Children, a house, to be finished with school.  But I know that right now at this very moment in my life I have what I need.  I firmly believe that there will be a time and a place for those things in my life, but it's not today.  

How thankful I am for the times that my loving Father in Heaven has said "No" even to some of the very most righteous desires of my heart.  In the last four years I feel like I have grown up a lot and become more of who I was meant to be instead of a selfish little girl who I had been.  How thankful I am for a patient Father in Heaven who doesn't give up on me, even when I give him plenty of grief.  

What a blessing it is to me to have this holiday season to remember and try to give thanks for the wonderful gift of the Savior of the world.  May we all find time to remember Him this month. May we spend as much if not more time looking for Jesus as we do for Santa




Photobucket

1 comments:

Holly said...

you are amazing!! Don't know what I do without you. Love ya!