If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Did she fall off the face of the earth???





No, even though sometimes I wish I could, Just been busy/crazy!  A lot going on!  


Some things that I actually remember to document about in the last 6 months (yikes!)


Earlier in the year I was traveling quit a lot for work.  One of those trips was a trip to "Sin City" Las Vegas.  Since we didn't have to pay for a hotel room I talked my sisters into meeting me over there.  While it still holds true to its name we did have a good time.  My directions before we went out on the strip was to keep your eyes focused on the buildings... Do not look down, do not look at the billboards, do not look at the people!  While we were a little shell shocked (Especially Kristin) we did manage to have a good time.  I was amazed at the people who were pretending to have fun!  Of course the favorite of everyone was the water show at the Bellagio.  Really pretty!
  
LAS Vegas




In other news... My little sister received her mission call in March.  It was kind of a stressful month, she put her papers in and made the appointment with the temple to get her endowments, but they wouldn't let her go through before she received her call.  She scheduled the date for the temple anyway knowing that her call should come at least a week before she was supposed to go through.  Well the week of her endowments came and still no call.  I had already made one trip to Phoenix that week for work, but had tickets to fly back the next day!  Well, on Friday, the night before she was supposed to receive her endowments she finally received her call.  Poor girl, had to wait for Jeremy and his family to get there to open it, and then she had to wait for Shell & Steph, we didn't open the mission call until after 10pm.  She is going to the Santiago Chili West Mission.  After the temple we had an easter egg hunt, went and rode dirt bikes, shot guns and played in the wind.  It was a fun weekend to be home.  


Mission Call Weekend







Kristin went into the Empty Sea in Provo on May 5th.  She is learning the language really quickly and growing spiritually by leaps and bounds. I got to surprise her on Tuesday and go to the devotional with her.  Elder Hales was the speaker.  She will leave for Chili around July 5th, and I think she is ready to get out.  She is in a companionship of three, one companion is 6'2", she is 5'5", and her other companion is 4'10", they were laughing about being the AT&T bars.  It was so good to see her.  I am so proud of her.   


Kristin going into the Empty Sea








Other than that life just keeps going fast and faster.  I was able to go to youth conference last week with our ward youth.  It was a fabulous time, where we had a lot of opportunities to demonstrate courage.  I am always grateful for the blessings that I receive when spending time with teeneagers.  These kids are amazing!


Hope everyone is doing well.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Devin and Melinda said...

I hear ya! Things never seem to slow down! Missions are so awesome, I am glad she is going! Glad things are going well for you Bec! Take care of yourself and sleep every once in a while!

Hanie said...

Can I just say that I love your family?!! You guys are all amazing people and I miss you all!!!! P.s. glad you are still on the face of the earth ;)