If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

She Thinks She Can Just Leave! & This is the Place

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. ~Amy Li


My Parents, Heather & My niece Ryann came up on Thursday to see me. It was fun to just have Ry here by herself for a few days. On Thursday night we went to see


I have to say I was just a little disappointed with the production, probably because I have been in this play I went in thinking it would be amazing as that. It was fun to remember all of the music and actions that we did during the play.

On Saturday we went to "This is the Place Monument and Heritage Park" - they are right it is so much more than a monument and for future reference - plan on spending all day long there.



You can't not help but have an appreciation for those amazing pioneers who gave their all to come across the plains. I am a firm believer that if I had to be one of those that had to do that they would have tossed me out of the wagon or sicked the wolves on me because of all of the complaining I do! I was amazed at how simple they lived, one cabin smaller than my bedroom was home to 9 people. I can't imagine. It was a great day finished off by a family dinner. Good Times Good Times.

Now for the part I don't want to talk about. The beginning of May my little sister Stef moved up here. I was so exited to have her up her and get to know her again. I will be the first to admit I am terrible at communicating and keeping in touch - even with my family. Stef and I used to not get along very well, and haven't lived close to each other for about 5 years so I was really exited to have her here. I am so thankful that she is a forgiving person. It has been so much fun to have her, and such a blessing at the same time. I am a firm beliver that I needed her to be here for me during this summer, helping me get through all of the stress of mono, helping me learn to not stress so much and to take care of myself better. This morning she left to move back to Queen Creek and I already miss her! I called her during her drive and told her that she needed to come back now.



I am so glad that she came up here. I am thankful for the person that she is, for her giving heart and for everything that she does for my family. She is amazing! I feel so blessed to be part of the family that I am, and to have a little sister who loves me. For Good, Stef ... You Changed My Life for Good.

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.
~Clara Ortega

5 comments:

Todd,Shara & Mykah said...

Hey Becca! Sorry it took me forever to get back to you..I am crazy.. Are you still coming down in October? We would love to see you. I love sisters. There are definetly those certain people that you feel have changed and blessed your life, sisters being part of them.

the cates said...

When I was a laural we took a trip up to salt lake and went to this is the place, it was awesome! I'm glad you family was able to come see you, and so sorry your sister left :( that stinks! How are you feeling? Are ya getting better?

Holly said...

I am so sorry that your sister left. You really can come live here with us. Then that way you won't miss the boys growing. :) We love ya!

Devin and Melinda said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful time with Steph while she was there. I hope you are feeling better!

beau.shaunalee said...

Becca! It was so fun to see your blog, I don't remember the last time I went blog surfing--I am so horrible--but it was so fun to catch up on your life. It made me think of all the great times we had in young women's and especially at camp...seriously some of my favorite memories. Also, what an experience to be so close to the prophet! I hope you are feeling better. I miss you tons. You inspire me. for real. I love ya!