If you can LAUGH at it,

You can LIVE with it!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Million Dollar Highway



When I was a little girl my family took a trip over the million dollar highway - a stretch of road between Olathe and Silverton Colorado. I have a huge problem with heights, and so even as a little girl I made that trip the whole way screaming at the top of my lungs begging my Dad to stop driving that road because I just knew that we were going to fall of the side of the cliff. The road has very few guardrails, and an extremely small shoulder. It is a favorite family memory for everyone else. Anyway, a few weeks ago I went to visit my brother Jeremy who lives just a few minutes from the infamous million dollar highway. My brother Troy who was also visiting from Alabama wanted to make the drive over the million dollar highway, so we did it. Although I wasn’t screaming the whole time, I hated the drive. It was worth it. The mountains & waterfalls up there are amazingly beautiful. Thankfully, they put me in the backseat of the Yukon with my 3 year old nephew who kept me entertained.

0 comments: